As one of the five largest hotels in Manhattan, the property holds an impressive history and offers an excellent Midtown location directly opposite Madison Square Garden and Amtrak's Penn Station. The hotel was built in 1919 by the Pennsylvania Railroad and designed by the renowned firm of McKim, Mead and White, which also completed other landmark hotels in New York City such as Columbia University and the United States Post Office on 8th Avenue. The hotel's location on 7th Avenue at 33rd Street is also within walking distance of the business, entertainment and fashion districts, including Macy's, the Empire State Building, Times Square and the Jacob Javits Center. In fact, New York's Hotel Pennsylvania is central to many attractions and events.
- 30 kms to the airport (jfk)
- 16 kms to the airport (la guardia)
- 5 minute walk to the nearest metro station (1, 2, 3, a trains(34th street))
- 1 km to the nearest station (pennsylvania r.r. st)
- 5 minute walk to the nearest bus stop
- 1 km to the nearest fair site (jacob javits conv. center)